There are five different game speed settings in Civilization 6 – gathering Storm:
Standard is the default at 500 turns and 100% speed,
It might take an average player around 30 hours to finish all turns on a standard map size.
Other speed settings proportionally scale the following costs:
- Research costs of technologies and civics in science and culture respectively
- Production costs of buildings and units
- Gold costs of buildings and units
- Faith required to get the Pantheon
- The number of points required to generate Great people
So as an example, on standard speed Animal Husbandry costs 25 science, but on Marathon 75.
On the standard speed it costs 60 production to build a Monument, but on Online half that, only 30.
The game speed has no effect on unit movement, or Governor movement. It is best to select an appropriate map size, if you prefer to keep the Standard settings “feel” moving around the map.